Friday, April 16, 2010

I love their love.

Walking through Berkeley with an 8 year old shouldn't have to be like playing a game of paperboy. Eyes constantly moving looking for the next obstacle. It usually isn't. Out of all the time I've spent in Berkeley, the homeless men and women have not been disruptive or offensive in any way shape or form. Occasionally there is the man walking about, shouting profanities, but other than that the people unfortunate enough to be homeless tend not to hound too much for spare change.

The other day, I was walking with an 8 year old girl and we turned the corner to a woman bent over, with her pants around her ankles, pissing on a garbage can. It took me an extra second to realize what was happening and what I should have done. I calmly said "Hold on a second" and turned us around walking back towards my car. As we were walking I was watching this girls reaction to what she had just seen. I'm sure it was utter confusion, so I asked her "Did you see that?" and she said she had. I told her she was crazy and sometimes there are crazy people around. At first I thought this whole situation was funny, and it is to some extent. Then a flurry of other emotions kicked down the door. Mainly sadness.

Kim and I saw Jonsi last night (35/360). It was an incredible show. It had a great stage set up that involved what looked like the side of a war torn building (instead of windows, there were video screens that appeared as windows) and a screen behind that. Also there were a few blocks of thin cloth where videos were projected as well. It was really a unique experience that doesn't happen very often at rock shows or music shows in general.
















Top 10 sequels:
10. Back to the Future 2
9. Lethal Weapon 2
8. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
7. Road Warrior
6. Lord of the Rings: Two Towers
5. Empire Strikes Back
4. Aliens
3. Terminator 2
2. Godfather 2
1. The Dark Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment