Sunday, January 6, 2013

We're the neglected, the never resurrected, agonies of the few...

-->
 ...We're the once kissed, unmissed and always refused.

Made it to another year. A lot has changed since this time last year and makes me wonder how much will change between this time next year. Kind of wish I could fast forward till then.  It’s cold out. It will probably rain shortly. I’m ok with that, but I wish I didn’t have to go anywhere. I feel like I need a day to clear my head. It feels overly crowded…like there’s not enough room for me.

Going to see Quicksand in a little over two weeks. First show in a little bit. Should be fun, especially since they were broken up for a long while.


I tried watching Lincoln the other day and I didn’t get a chance to finish it. I will, and it seems like it will be a good movie, but it just felt like I was watching Abraham Lincoln working with actors. There is an obvious gap in acting that takes me away from the film, which makes it hard for me to pay attention for some reason. Maybe it was the time I watched it or whatever, but I suppose I should finish it and then make any sort of decision. 


I guess if I had to choose at this moment my top ten for the year would be (in no particular order): Django Unchained, Life of Pi, Zero Dark Thirty (Jessica Chastain kills it), Cabin in the Woods, The Grey, Amour, Moonrise Kingdom, Holy Motors, Looper, and The Raid: Redemption. I haven’t seen Lincoln (all of it anyway) or The Hobbit (that will change by next week I’m sure) or a handful of others I wanted to check out so…there’s that.





So if you get anything from this worthless internet mumbo jumbo, let it be movie recommendations. Amour especially.

No comments:

Post a Comment